Apple cinnamon buns – Moist, fragrant and mouth-watering
Invigorate your taste buds with this appetising apple cinnamon buns recipe. It is the ultimate taste sensation.
A few snacks are as indulgent as cinnamon buns. Add some apples to the party and you have apple cinnamon buns, the ultimate taste sensation that will invigorate your taste buds.
There is something so special about these apple cinnamon buns. Is it the strong aromatic flavour of cinnamon that reaches you long before you spot the cinnamon buns? Or is it that moment of satisfaction when you close your eyes and bite slowly into the softness of the cinnamon bun?
Whatever quality it is that makes these apple cinnamon buns special to you, one thing is clear: these tasty bites are always a favourite. That is evident from the long queues at popular bakeries where people want to purchase fresh cinnamon buns. This time around, make your own apple cinnamon buns at home. Not only will your home smell incredible but you will master this technique for many more happy days to come.
Let us know in the comments section of this recipe if you have enjoyed this bite as much as we did.
Apple cinnamon buns recipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
95 g sugar
13 g salt
70 g butter
660 g cake flour
10 g instant yeast
365 ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
60 g castor sugar
12 g ground cinnamon
½ cup white chocolate
- Mix the milk, egg and vanilla together.
- Place dry ingredients in a standing mixer or in a medium-sized bowl if using a hand mixer.
- Add liquid and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Shape into a ball and allow to prove for 1 hour or until double in size.
- While the dough is proofing, peel and slice apples.
- Mix castor sugar and cinnamon together.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle. About 1 cm thick. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, covering the whole surface.
- Place apple slices over.
- Roll the pastry up. And slice into 5 cm buns.
- Place on a greased tray, brush with egg wash and bake at 180°C until golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.