Chicken pot pie soup – Creamy and tasty
So aromatic and tasty, this chicken pot pie soup contains so much goodness that you will feel utterly satisfied afterwards.
Loaded with flavour and creaminess, this chicken pot pie soup is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. This dish is bound to surprise everyone around your table and make them reach for the dish up spoon more than once.
Chicken pot pie soup is aromatic, tasty and contains so much goodness that you will feel utterly satisfied afterwards. The addition of puff pastry shaped like scones make this soup a unique taste sensation. Furthermore, the rich combination of chicken broth, cream and a variety of veggies make this soup not only delicious but also wholesome.
Preparing this chicken pot pie sop will take about one hour of your time, maybe a little more. But it is worth every minute you spend in the kitchen. If you prefer, you can enjoy it with crusty bread or even biscuits. However, the addition of puff pastry in the soup makes it almost unnecessary to add any further bread or grain.
Let us know in the comments section of this recipe if you have tried this flavour-packed recipe.
Chicken pot pie soup recipeCourse: MainCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 large (or 3 medium) carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup diced celery (about 2 large stalks)
3 garlic cloves, minced
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups cooked chicken, diced (boneless and skinless)
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1½ cups half-and-half cream
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
puff pastry in shape of scones
- Sauté the onion, carrots, celery and garlic in butter and olive oil until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until blended. Cook, stirring, for about 1 more minute. Slowly add the broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; add the chicken, peas, corn and half-and-half cream. Stir over low heat, just until warmed through (do not boil).
- Add puff pastry shaped pies in shape of a scone and let it steam in the pot with the pie soup for 25 – 35 minutes on a low heat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with biscuits.
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.