Chocolate truffles – Rich, luxurious indulgence with each bite
If you enjoy creating gifts for family and friends, these chocolate truffles will make the most delightful edible gifts.
Looking for an effective cure for a chocolate craving? Try these decadent chocolate truffles. They are rich, luxurious and have a depth of flavour every chocolate lover will appreciate.
Preparing these chocolate truffles includes a process of heating and cooling a number of times to layer your delightful chocolate bites. But it is all worth it as you will end up with 26 servings of the most indulgent chocolate treats imaginable.
If you enjoy creating gifts for family and friends, these chocolate truffles will make the most delightful edible gifts. Especially if packaged in some cellophane or another eye-catching wrapping, these chocolaty bites will gladden the heart of anyone who receives them.
Chocolate truffles are also perfect to fill a sweet platter to take with you to any friend or family gathering. They are bite-sized and will be snatched up by all who see them.
So, if you are a real sweet tooth, take your time to study this recipe and prepare your own tempting sweet treats.
Chocolate truffles recipeCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
180 g semisweet baking chocolate or white chocolate baking bars, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
1 tablespoon shortening
finely chopped nuts or candy decorations, if desired
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- In a saucepan, melt the baking chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the butter until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the whipping cream.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until thick enough to hold a shape.
- Drop the mixture with rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto the lined cookie sheet. Return to the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm enough to shape. Shape into balls. Freeze uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Then, remove from the heat.
- Using 2 forks, dip and roll the chocolate balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Tap off the excess chocolate.
- Place on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with nuts. If the chocolate has cooled too much, reheat. Repeat with remaining chocolate balls.
- Refrigerate the truffles for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving.
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.