Ebola deaths in DR Congo rise to at least 131, Rubio says WHO 'late' identifying outbreak
The death toll from an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has risen sharply to at least 131 from 513 suspected cases, Health Minister Samuel Roger Kamba said, as the World Health Organization on Tuesday hosted an emergency committee meeting to address the crisis. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio called the WHO "a little late" in identifying the outbreak after the Trump administration's sweeping funding cuts to the organisation earlier this year.
This article has been sourced from various publicly available news platforms around the world. All intellectual property rights remain with the original publishers and authors. Unshared News does not claim ownership of the content and provides it solely for informational and educational purposes voluntarily. If you are the rightful owner and believe this content has been used improperly, please contact us for prompt removal or correction.
